Bean Game Warm Up
- Fun warm up game to get the class moving.
- Teacher calls out different kinds of beans and students react accordingly.
- Children start running randomly inside a designated area(marked with cones)
- Teacher calls “Runner Bean” children stop and run as fast as they can on the spot.
- Teacher calls “String Bean” everybody has to stretch out making themselves as long and as tall as possible.
- Teacher calls “French Bean” students have to say/do something French.
- Teacher calls “Jumping Bean” Students jump on the spot.
- Teacher calls “Baked Bean” students lie down and curl up.
- Teacher calls “Jelly Bean” everybody wobbles.
- Take 3-4 mins to play this game.
DOWNLOAD LESSON PLAN (PDF)
- Spread hoops all around your playing area in the yard
- You will need bibs for this game, one for everyone in the class, it’s often a good idea to give each student a bib to stick in their pocket or hang from their trousers at the start of the game so they have it on hand when needed.
- Nominate two chasers (Crocodiles) and get them to put their bibs on.
- The hoops are safe spaces, players cannot be caught when standing in hoops and they may move from hoop to hoop but outside of the hoop they may be tagged.
- When teacher calls “River” no player is allowed inside hoops for 30 seconds, players must dodge taggers while staying outside of hoops at the same time.
- Anyone who gets tagged at any time during the game must put on their bib and become a Crocodile.
- Vary movements by introducing hopping and jumping.