Food Game 1: Food Relay
Objective of game is to help students learn how to identify the three major food groups. Fat, Carbohydrate and Protein.
- Any kind of box/bowl or bin, something for the students to place their answers in. (Set of three for each team)
- Pictures of different kinds of food, children can draw these as part of the game before the start.
- Paper and something to write with.
- Cones are always useful to mark start/finish. (They also make great bowls for this game)
How to play:
- Create an open space in the classroom by moving desks and chairs over to the sides.
- Divide the class into teams
- Place bowls at one end of the class. Three bowls for each team and designate each bowl as fat, carb or protein.
- Teams line up at the opposite end of the classroom
- When game starts, teacher shows a food picture, each team then confers and writes F if they think the food shown is a Fat, C if they think it’s a Carb or P if they think it’s a protein.
- When they have written their answer players take it in turns to run to the opposite end of the class and place the piece of paper in the appropriate bowl.
- After all pictures have been shown the winners are the team with the most correct answers.