Duration 2 min 18 sec
Warm up: Cone laps
- Set up a lap of cones in designated areas.
- Students complete laps as follows:
- Running 1min then break
- Hopping on one leg 30 seconds each leg then rest
- Broad/Superhero jumps 30 seconds then rest
- For larger classes split into two groups one group completes laps while the other rests.
Exercise: The Air Squat
- Foot Position- “Goldilocks” not to narrow, not too wide, just right (Feet should be shoulder width apart)
- Big chest gorilla/super hero chest
- Natural Curve in Spine
- Drop below parallel
- Keep knees over toes
- Keep heels on the ground
- Keep knees over the toes
- No saggy backs
- No knobbly knees
- Complete 3 rounds of 10.
- Lay a row of hoops along the ground.(hula hoops are best)
- Organise class into groups(use groups from warm up)
- Put one team at each end of the hoops
- First player from each hoop hops through the hoops towards the opposite team.
- When players meet in the middle, they stop and play Rock/Paper/Scissors.
- The winner continues hopping
- The loser must step off the course, complete 5 dish to superhero movements then return to the back of their line and wait for their next go.
- The next player in the line immediately hops onto the course and hops until the meet the player who has just won,where again they play hop paper scissors.
- Points are scored when a player gets all the way across to the other team.
- Start with two large groups until everyone gets the hang of the game.
- To increase participation set up several courses with multiple teams.
- Teams can be moved around every couple of minutes to compete against everyone in the class.
- Team with the most accumulated points at the end of the class are the overall winners