At a Glance
- Warm up: Bean Game
- Functional Exercise: Practice Lunges and variations
- Game: Hoop Relay, use both variations of this game
Bean Game Warm Up
- Fun warm up game to get the class moving.
- Teacher calls out different kinds of beans and students react accordingly.
- Children start running randomly inside a designated area(marked with cones)
- Teacher calls “Runner Bean” children stop and run as fast as they can on the spot.
- Teacher calls “String Bean” everybody has to stretch out making themselves as long and as tall as possible.
- Teacher calls “French Bean” students have to say/do something French.
- Teacher calls “Jumping Bean” Students jump on the spot.
- Teacher calls “Baked Bean” students lie down and curl up.
- Teacher calls “Jelly Bean” everybody wobbles.
- It takes 3-4 mins to play this game.
Hoop Relay 2
- Team relay game using Hula Hoops.
- Set up a start line and finish line
- Divide the group into teams.
- Give a hoop to each member of the team plus one extra hoop for the team.
- On go the first member of each team throws their hoop on the ground and steps into it.
- The rest of the team pass their hoops forward and step in as the pathway of hoops moves the team to the finish line.
- First team to cross the line wins.
- Introduce functional movement at start/finish of the game, for example complete 10 squats before starting, complete 10 lunges at finish line etc.