No hands Relay
Team relay game
- Set up a start line and finish line
- Divide group into teams.
- Give a mat to each team
- On go the first member of each team runs to the other side
- They must get down onto their back on the mat and back to standing without using their hands
- First team with all members to the mat and back wins
- Introduce functional movement at start/finish of the game, for example complete 10 squats before starting, complete 10 lunges at finish line etc.
Bear Hug/Front squat
Squat: Key points
- Big chest, superhero chest, gorilla chest, whatever comparison you can come up with(Swimmers chest, National anthem at Croke Park are a couple of others)
- Feet in the Goldilocks position shoulder width apart(Not too wide, not too narrow, just right)
- Maintain natural curve in the spine
- Feet stuck to the floor, heels down all the time
- Drop below parallel
- Keep those knees over the toes, no knobbly knees!
- Give bibs to each player
- Players hang bibs out the back of their shorts/tracksuit.
- Nominate a tagger who wears a bib.
- Tagger tries to pull other players bibs out (similar to tag rugby)
- When a player loses their bib they are out of the game, they must then go to cone zone or designated area to complete required exercise
- When exercise is completed players reattach their bib and return to the game
DOWNLOAD LESSON PLAN (PDF)