- Get players into pairs and give each player a number, 1 or 2.
- Get players to stand one in front of the other and form a large circle with all of the other pairs.
- Place a hoop in the middle of the circle for each pairing.
- Teacher calls out 1 or 2!
- When a player’s number is called(number 1 for example) all the number 1s run clockwise around the circle until they return to their starting point.
- They then run to the middle and climb through a hoop as quickly as they can. The first player to do this wins.
- Continue to call out 1 or 2 randomly for new rounds
- Vary the movement, run, hop crawl skip etc.
Bear Hug/Front squat
Squat: Key points
- Big chest, superhero chest, gorilla chest, whatever comparison you can come up with(Swimmers chest, National anthem at Croke Park are a couple of others)
- Feet in the Goldilocks position shoulder width apart(Not too wide, not too narrow, just right)
- Maintain natural curve in the spine
- Feet stuck to the floor, heels down all the time
- Drop below parallel
- Keep those knees over the toes, no knobbly knees!
- Place mats around the room
- Two players per mat
- Two more players, one on one being chased
- Once the game starts the chaser must chase other player around the playing area, if they tag the tagged player is then on.
- While being chased players can lay down on a mat where two players are already lying, one of the players(the player on the outside)must now get up and run as we can only have two players on a mat at any time.
- Encourage players to go to different Mats and not the same ones all the time.
DOWNLOAD LESSON PLAN (PDF)