- Team relay game using Hula Hoops.
- Set up a start line and finish line
- Divide group into teams.
- Give a hoop to each member of the team plus one extra hoop for the team.
- On go the first member of each team throws their hoop on the ground and steps into it.
- The rest of the team pass their hoops forward and step in as the pathway of hoops moves the team to the finish line.
- First team to cross the line wins.
- Introduce functional movement at start/finish of the game, for example complete 10 squats before starting, complete 10 lunges at finish line etc.
Bear Hug/Front squat
Squat: Key points
- Big chest, superhero chest, gorilla chest, whatever comparison you can come up with(Swimmers chest, National anthem at Croke Park are a couple of others)
- Feet in the Goldilocks position shoulder width apart(Not too wide, not too narrow, just right)
- Maintain natural curve in the spine
- Feet stuck to the floor, heels down all the time
- Drop below parallel
- Keep those knees over the toes, no knobbly knees!
- Nominate one or two chasers and set up a game of tag inside a designated area.
- Pick a “Mystery” word or phrase.
- When players are tagged, they must sit down and cover their eyes.
- Players still in the game then attempt to whisper the Mystery word into the tagged player’s ears while they are seated with their eyes covered.
- If the can guess the name of the person who told them the mystery word they can return to the game
- In later rounds add functional movement as an extra task before returning to the game.